Sunday, November 19, 2017


The Fool’s Journey
Every tarot reader has sometime in their learning has heard about the fools journey and how he starts his life by meeting different people and learning new lessons along the way – each of these events are depicted by the cards in the Major Arcana. My story today isn’t about how that story unfolds, if you’re interested in learning that story; that will be a topic for another day.
                Today is about how my experiences over a decade have unfolded the Fool in me and how I see the fool today. The journey and its revelations have evolved for me with time, practice and application. The more I work with the fool, the more I find myself learning. It never truly ends- the growth of learning. So how did I see the fool in my earlier years? When I first started learning tarot this card was very basic for me- “ It foretells a new journey, a new chapter, a new start. “ Over a decade later, now when I see the fool, I see possibilities, I see choices, I see the message to have faith.

To the core of this card :
-          Childhood like innocence- This energy is of one who has not been tainted by life’s hardship.  Those who pull this card will find that despite what is happening in their lives, they have faith that everything will be ok- they don’t expect bad things. Even if life is rough, there is this part of them that just feels “ it will be ok, tomorrow is a new day.”

-          Optimism- this card brings optimism. We are full of life and full of creative energy. We are excited and happy as can be. Whatever the situation is that brings about this reading is a positive one as it shows we have great energy. Life’s cup is half full.

-          Be open, Have faith- look at his body language- see how he opens his arms to the world as if to say “ HELLO WORLD!”

-          That little dog – what is he doing and why is he there? Is he joyous and excited to tread this journey with the fool? Or is he trying to warn the fool to watch where he is going because he is about to walk off a cliff? The dog is a symbol of our egos – it can either be a voice of reason or he can be our fears barking. How can you tell which one? How does it make you feel when you focus on this dog? Does he feel friendly, or scared?

-          Bright Yellow Card- Enlightenment, Optimism and Hope. I work a lot with the chakras and for me, this card reminds of the Solar Plexus- the seat of our power. To me, this is a very powerful card simply due to the sheer fact that there is so much energy- it’s as if to say “the fool may be foolish because he has much to learn but he is very powerful.

This card reminds me at the start of my tarot journey. I knew nothing. I remember thinking “my god, how will I ever learn all 78 cards?” Despite my fears and doubt I continued my studies. This card reminds me of how I had so much to learn. Over a decade ago I was foolish indeed. My understanding and interpretation of the tarot is very different today- it is much more evolved. I truly believe that the knowledge has always been there and I just had to take that leap of faith and jump off a cliff to expand my horizon. I took this power that was with in me, it’s within us all, and I took a leap of faith. I made a choice. The fool reminds us that we can choose to walk the path and focus on opening our arms to the great things out there or we can live in fear and do nothing.  Yes there are dangers ahead, we may walk off a cliff, but so what! Who knows what is on the other side?

How can this fool apply to you?
I believe everything happens for a reason and if you’re reading this now, you’re probably being called to evaluate your life- use the fool to help you proceed.  There are no accidents or coincidences.  See this card as opening a door to new opportunities and experiences. It arrives to signify that we are about to embark on a new journey or if you’re feeling stuck, it is encouraging you to have faith, leave what you know behind and start a new path.
                 
How to apply the power of the FOOL:
                This card reminds you that you are a powerful being and that you can control your life. Life doesn’t happen to you- you make it happen. By being proactive and making conscious choices to lead the life you want to live, you are tapping into the power of this card. The fool enters the world full of life and optimism. He doesn’t allow fear to hold him back, he just trust that the path is correct and he keeps going, even if he falls off a cliff he cannot see. The fool’s energy brings you opportunities and possibilities. Look how he opens his arms; SKIES THE LIMIT.
 His message for you “have faith and trust the journey or live in fear, the choice is yours”

Heed the Fools warning:
                Do things that feel good, don’t make choices out of fear. If it doesn’t feel good, don’t do it.  Cautioned yourself against your own arrogance, and don’t do things that are irresponsible.


_____________________________________________________

" Have faith and trust the journey
or Live in fear
the choice is yours" 
_____________________________________________________


enjoy my work? lets connect! find me at 
                                                               www.tarotbycyndee.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment